Saturday, March 3, 2007
Tulare & Kings Counties
Teacher Recruitment Fair
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who will be admitted to the Fair?
Those who will be fully-credentialed teachers by August of 2007, or eligible for an Intern Credential.
- I have completed all course work and taken all examinations, but I am still waiting for test scores. Will I be admitted to the Fair?
Yes, you can be admitted if you can provide:
- a C-19 letter from your college/university, or
- a copy of your BA degree and proof of subject matter competency by providing passage of CSET (scores earned within the last five years), or
- a letter of subject matter competency verification from a college/university, or
- a letter from a university or district intern program stating eligibility for their intern program.
- If I am an Out-of-State teacher, can I attend?
Yes, you are welcome to attend. A credentialed teacher from out-of-state may obtain a five-year preliminary credential and be given five years to complete any other necessary course work or testing requirements in order to teach in California.
- What time will candidates be admitted to the Fair?
Those candidates who preregister by completing the online Ed-JOIN application by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 1, 2007, will be admitted at 8:30 a.m. Those who do not preregister, will be admitted at 9:30 a.m.
- How do I register for the Fair?
You register for the Fair by completing the online Ed-JOIN application for this particular Fair. There is a link to the Ed-JOIN posting on this Teacher Recruitment Fair website.
- Should I include attachments with my Ed-JOIN application?
No. Hard copies included in your packets will be sufficient.
- Should I print my Ed-JOIN Teacher Fair application?
Yes. Please use your printed Ed-JOIN application as the cover document for your packets.
- I have completed the online application. What do I do next? How do I know if I will be admitted?
Once you have submitted your online application, you should receive an email confirmation. Teacher Fair staff will have a list of everyone who has preregistered by completing the online application. Your name will be checked off as you enter.
- If I make a change to my Ed-JOIN profile, will this be enough to register for the Fair?
No. You must specifically make application to this particular recruitment event in order to be preregistered. You should receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
- Will districts have me complete their application?
Some districts may ask you to complete their specific district's application form. The online application is primarily for preregistration purposes and for contacting prospective candidates once the Fair is over.
- What should I include in my packets?
- A copy of your Ed-JOIN application
- Copies of CBEST, CSET and RICA test results
- Complete copies of transcripts
- Copy of your Teaching Credential(s)
- Letters of Recommendation (three is preferred)
- Who do I address my introduction to?
The Human Resources Administrator for the school district that you are making application to.
- Do my transcripts need to be official?
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the Teacher Recruitment Fair. You would need to provide official transcripts to a school district upon receiving an offer of employment from that district.
- How many packets should I bring?
We typically have 30 to 35 school districts participating in the Fair. The number of packets you bring is entirely up to you. Some candidates prefer to limit their search to a specific geographic area while others attempt to contact every district present. The average number would be eight to ten. It is better to overestimate than to not have enough once you get there.
- What should I wear?
You should dress in professional attire. You will find yourself in employment interview situations.